Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update on us!

Life is so busy but that is okay. Let's see....

Family-We are doing well. We have finally paid off all of our state and federal tax debt which is amazing. WOOHOOO!! Praise the Lord. Well, it will be all done once they receive the refund back. They accidently sent us our whole refund instead of keeping it. So we had to send it back and yes, we had to pay the postage. LOL! So now we are moving on to paying off medical bills and my college loans. WE are getting family pictures done on Thursday. Our church is doing a directory so we will have our first family picture done.

Brian- He is doing well. At this particular moment, he is the only one truly healthy in the house. Work is slow. They have actually laid off two guys and have asked some of the guys to take vacation days or just days off. So please keep that in your prayers. He is trying to decide whether he should start looking for another job. He is running sound at our church. He enjoys it. We had to laugh on Sunday though because one of the elderly men in the church told Brian that he was the first one to ever mess up the Easter cantata. There was some external feedback during one of the speaking parts that got bad. Brian was frantically trying to fix it but it wasn't something he could fix. He thinks it may have been a cell phone interferring or something but doesn't know for sure. Anyway, Brian just told him that it was external feedback and unfortunately not something he could have helped. He was actually much nicer than I would have been on that one. I was standing there when it was said but I wasn't paying much attention to what was being said. I thought it was nice because the guy was smiling the whole time he said that to Brian. uhh...okay, rudeness. I don't truly believe that Brian is the first one to mess up an Easter cantata at the church. So anyway, after I got over my initial anger; I just had to laugh. Some people just have to have something to complain about. We were glad to have made his day.

Leesha - She is doing well. She just had another report card and received all A's. We are so proud of her. She has worked hard on her writing and reading. She was thrilled when I told her that she was able to pick out a video for her hard work. She picked Enchanted and it is a really good, corny Disney movie. She is growing up fast. She loves Girl Scouts and Awanas. She has 3 more sections to go before she is finished with her book. She loves spending time with her best friend, Emily and is looking forward to her trip with Granny and Grandpa to South Carolina over Spring Break. She is also counting down the days until Spring Break. 3 days to go. Leesha is being watched for asthma. She has had a cough for several weeks now. It just keeps geting worse and not better. She is now on an inhaler and she is finally getting better. We will just have to watch her. I notice that when she is running around and really active she tends to have more trouble with the coughing so we will just have to wait and see.


Rachel - That would be me. I am seriously considering going back to school and getting my business degree. We know that we will be homeschooling again someday and I have this feeling that at least one of us is going to have to have some kind of degree. I am researching a couple of different options right now. I want something that will allow me to only do it one night and allow me to do it on a fast track so we will see. I am still in the investigating stages. Work is going well. Housework is suffering. I am still trying to figure out a new schedule and when I am able to get everything done. I got my haircut today. It is a little bit shorter than what I wanted but it is okay. Just need to get used to styling it a different way now. I am still suffering from a cough and sinus infection. I do seem to be getting better but it is taking a while.

So anyway, that is the update. I will try to be more active on here.

No comments: